Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Outfit Roundup 2015 - And The Winner Is

I have to admit that since having had little M, getting dressed for work in the morning had somewhat lost its appeal
  1. Being on maternity leave for 9 months, meant I simply was out of practice and stuck in a "jeans and jumper" rut
  2. Starting back to work and dry-clean only dresses when the first stomach bug hit, was a bit of a wake-up call. I now needed outfits that were smart enough for work but practical enough not to be ruined by any possible spit up/unspeakable accident.
  3. Financial priorities have somewhat changed. I suddenly don't think it's entirely reasonable to spend £250 on a dress, which I wear a couple of times
Granted, all of the above happened around the beginning of 2014 but re-discovering my blog this year has made me think about it all a bit more consciously. So I thought I'd have a look at my favourite and best value for money pieces of 2015

Most Loved Separate: Boden Modern Pencil

I bought the neutral one end of SS14 and it had been lingering in the back of my wardrobe. The botanical and retro print one joined from SS15, made me re-discover the shape and I think this has to be the most worn style in my entire wardrobe!


Most worn Accessories: Zara chunky bi-colour necklace and Marni @ H&M flower necklace

I just couldn't decide between these two... I am not big on doing lots of accessories, so I tend to wear one piece that's chunky enough to be noticed. These two are complete no-brainers: colours that make them go with anything and a length that works with most necklines.



Most Dependable Item: Boden Cropped Cashmere Cardigan

A close call between one of my cropped jumpers and this one, I feel like a bit of a cheat, chosing another Boden piece, but this cardigan truly goes with everything. Be it casual with jeans or smart with a dress or skirt, I chuck it on whenever I want an extra layer for warmth. The fact that it contains cashmere, means it keeps me snuggly warm without being bulky and it's length doesn't interfere with any waistlines.



Which item is your winner for 2015 and do you think you'll continue to wear it in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...